February 11: 7:00PM – 9:00PM CST
February 12: 7:00PM – 9:00PM CST
Contact: Rose Sperrazza at email@example.com
This virtual workshop will focus on the clarinet excerpts from the Civic Orchestra of Chicago 2021 audition list.
Participants will receive an individual critique based on their video submissions. This will last approximately 30 minutes. Additionally, participants will receive individual feedback based on their mock audition. A detailed schedule will be sent prior to the start of the first session. Participants’ critiques and mock auditions will be open to other participants as well as viewers.
Participants are limited to 12.
To participate, please:
- Register below and then
- Send a video performance of all, or some, of the excerpts. The video needs to be submitted as a YouTube link.
- Submit your videos to Rose Sperrazza at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Videos need to be submitted by Wednesday, February 10th, 2021.
Viewers may register for a day pass or for the entire 3-day workshop. Viewers will be allowed to observe all critiques as well as the mock auditions with John Yeh and participants.
To register as a viewer, click the appropriate link below:
- Viewer, unlimited pass ($20)
The ZOOM link will be emailed to viewers and participants prior to the start of the workshop.
Rules & Important Information*
- Applicants must be in high school.
- Applicants must submit a video recording of Concertino in E-flat Major Op. 26, by Carl Maria von Weber on or before April 21, 2017, 11:59pm CST.
- Piano accompaniment is encouraged, but not required.
- Application fee is $25.00 USD. A payment invoice will be sent after all application materials have been received.
- Video submissions must be uploaded to YouTube. Please include a link to your video in the application form below.
- All applications and payment must be received by April 21, 2017, 11:59pm CST.
- In order to be eligible to receive the grand prize of $500 USD, the winner is required to perform at the Chicago Clarinet Ensemble Gala Concert on May 12th, 2017.
- Videos must be recorded in one continuous take.
- Videos may not be edited, enhanced, cut, or in any way altered.
- While professional recording equipment is not required, quality of recording and recording venue is important to consider. Choose a space and choose equipment which will most accurately represent how you sound. For tips on how to create an audition video, please view the video, “How to Create an Awesome Prescreen Recording,” at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKjWN_J-ZWA&feature=youtu.be
- Please set video privacy settings to “unlisted” at the time of application. For instructions on how to post videos and edit privacy settings for YouTube videos, please visit https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
*Failure to follow competition policies and procedures will result in disqualification.